Emergency and Disaster Preparedness, Response and Recovery
This event will focus on West County perspectives on the recent power outages, evacuations, and floods.
Brought to you by the Gravenstein Health Action Chapter of the Palm Drive Heath Care District, it is the first in a series of events focusing on health and well-being in West County. The free event is a chance for the community to gather together, listen to experts on important disaster topics, share concerns, and learn about community resources to help prepare for future disasters, respond during disasters, and aid in the recovery after disaster strikes.
The event’s main program will include the following topics and expert speakers:
- Environment and Local Climate Outlook – Lisa Michile, Pepperwood Foundation
- What’s Next: Staying Healthy After a Traumatic Event – Hilit Kletter, MD and Cynthia Kane Hyman, RN, CNS
- Map Your Neighborhood – Skip Jirrels, Public Safety Outreach Coordinator, City of Sebastopol
In addition to the panel speakers, the event will include a Q & A session with the experts, breakout groups, and local community partners providing information on topics like communications and resiliency, and resources that can aid in preparing for, responding to, and recovering from disasters.
- Map Your Neighborhood – Sebastopol Neighborhood Communication Units.
- Gravenstein Health Action Chapter
- Resiliency classes
- Community Disaster Response Team – Shelters
- Pacific Market
- Sebastopol Hardware – Pack and Go Lists
- Ceres Community Project (food distribution)
- HOPE Sonoma County
For additional information visit gravensteinhealthactionchapter.org